Private Health consultations and COVID-19 testing now available with us.
A great new service for expats who can’t see their doctor and have translation problems when seen.
New English speaking medical clinics have recently been launched by Dr Margo Livingston, Doctor of Immunology and Advanced Nurse Practitioner (Masters degree) with her business partner Helena Davidson. This pair recognised the urgent need that many expats currently have during the pandemic with COVID-19, that they can’t easily get doctor’s appointments and also have difficulty understanding the conversation with a doctor during a telephone interview, if they don’t speak Spanish. Many people need basic medical care and follow up for illnesses unrelated to corona virus but these needs are sadly not being met due to the clamp down in services and focus on COVID-19.
This exciting new professional service will help those needing a medical check up, treatment for minor illnesses, routine blood check ups, weight management, nutrition advice, medication review and COVID-19 testing for both current and prior infection. As a Doctor of Immunology, Margo can also help explain more about COVID-19 testing and supply valuable scientific information about this pandemic in terms of viral spread, symptoms, recovery from illness and address some of the myths which have been frightening people during this year. Dr Margo is also a psychotherapist with experience in anxiety, depression and addiction. She is also a major advocate of natural healing methods like Qi Gong and Body Sculpting for anti-ageing.
The clinics are being held in Karen Gardener’s well-respected clinic - the Clinica Dental, La Plaza, in Javea as well as in central Gandia and Villalonga for those in these predominantly Spanish areas. Both Margo and Helena look forward to serving many expats who need medical help and expertise, guide them, direct them for specialist referral if required and simply help allay the fears of those with problems unrelated to COVID-19.
· Private consultation to assess patient issues and form a provisional diagnosis. This includes:
· History taking, drug reconciliation, physical examination as appropriate, tests as appropriate
· Specialist referral system as indicated
· Blood analysis, results from same day, depending on tests required
· COVID testing
· Specialist immunology advice, including COVID-19, autoimmunity, boosting the immune system, understanding the disease process and how our body’s heal
· Natural healing methods discussed if indicated
· Dietary advice
· Weight Management
· Routine blood samples for analysis, including comprehensive new allergy testing for stomach, liver and kidney systems
· COVID-19 tests for both current disease and past disease – new antigen test to replace old PCR test, much cheaper and more accurate results
· Urinalysis to test for infection, ketosis, blood in urine or other abnormalities
· Blood sugar analysis for diabetes or pre-diabetes
· Blood pressure check, heart, lungs and other body systems checked for abnormalities.
For an appointment call Helena on 711 058 450